• I built small roofs and added side walls to the campground's two central power distribution centres to keep rain from tripping the GFCI receptacles (a problem in 2011).Note: We had been having persistent odour problems from the tops of our two sewage holding tanks. The blue tarps on either side of the new walkway to the washroom building in the pictures below were a temporary but ugly fix. I eventually devised a more effective and esthetic solution but was not able to implement it before my construction work at the park ended in 2014.
• Several members got together and prepaid enough of their membership fees to purchase gravel for most of the park's roadways.
• I built a walkway from the road to the washroom building using donated patio blocks (see the note below).
• We erected a new flagpole that a member had made and donated.
• I and several other members built a new bocce court for the park. It is twelve feet wide by sixty feet long.
• I designed and built a simple apparatus that one person could use to swing the heavy pool cover off the splash deck and onto storage posts near the fence (this task had previously required two people to accomplish).
• I and other volunteers added a new section to the privacy fence located in the power line corridor. Other members took on the job of painting the entire fence. The pleasant forest green colour was perfectly suited for the location.
These photographs from my personal collection were taken from May through October 2012. Please contact me if you'd like to learn more about them. Click or tap to enlarge, or view all photos enlarged (1000px).