||PRESIDENT'S YEAR IN REVIEW
A snowy quiet descended upon Naturist Legacy Park in November after
a spring, summer and fall filled with intense activity. Six months of industrious
volunteer effort has firmly established the foundation upon which Manitoba's
newest and only landed nudist club is being built. At one of our Advisory
Council meetings held earlier this year...I presented everyone with a rather
intimidating list of tasks planned for 2011. Now that the year is at an
end, I thought it would be good to visit that list again to see how we
did. Tasks in green were completed or are mostly complete. Tasks in blue
were started and are ongoing. Tasks in red were not started.
• Improve internal roadways.
Given our limited budget and our equally limited labour supply, the abundance
of greens and blues above is obviously very heartening. We could never
have achieved so much in such a short time without the financial support
and active volunteering of our wonderful group of members....
• Bury boulders in main roads.
• Clear piles of debris from front of property
to make mowing and weed control possible.
• Construct a proper metal swinging gate.
• Paint gateposts and clear small trees from
• Collect and stack cordwood.
• Continue thinning trees, pruning limbs and
clearing brush from meadows.
• Erect basic park signage.
• Spray for poison ivy.
• Trench phone, power and water lines.
• Install sewage holding tanks.
• Drill new water well.
• Build pump house.
• Install pump and pressure tank.
• Widen existing road between pine and poplar
• Create new road around poplar camp.
• Clear and groom seasonal lots.
• Move buildings stored at the forks to permanent
• Remove trees from washroom, pool and clubhouse
• Construct washroom building.
• Construct deck around washroom building.
• Construct outdoor showers.
• Install swimming pool.
• Construct pool and sun decks.
• Create additional hiking trails.
Board members...exchanged more than 1,650 e-mail messages and more than
550 files over the past twelve months. Many hours were spent attending
board meetings, and many more hours were spent strategizing and brainstorming
on the phone. This year we dealt with (in person, by phone and by e-mail)
electricians, holding tank installers, well drillers, water system installers,
water testing lab personnel, equipment rental agents, sand and gravel dealers,
foundation installers, building movers and pool installers as well as our
insurance agent and our accountant. We also dealt with (in person, by phone
and by e-mail) representatives from the RM
of Brokenhead, Manitoba
Telephone System, Manitoba
Office of Drinking Water, Manitoba
Department of Conservation, Manitoba
Health and the Manitoba
Companies Office. We had numerous meetings with government officials
not only in
but also in Beausejour
du Bonnet. All of this — all of the phone calls made, all of the
correspondence written, all of the files created, all of the meetings attended,
all of the miles traveled — was our voluntary contribution towards advancing
the development of Naturist Legacy Park to where it's at today.
Though much has been accomplished by our community of nudists, we are
aware that much still remains to be done!
The first major construction project on our 2012 task list will be the
installation of our new swimming pool (a deposit has already been made
which will ensure that we'll be first in line for installation this spring).
After the pool will come the construction of decking and fencing necessary
to get an operating permit from the government. Also on the task list for
• Finish the washroom building.
It's obviously going to be another ambitious year of construction and development
at Naturist Legacy Park! We have greatly appreciated all of your contributions
to the projects that were accomplished in 2011, and we hope that we can
count on you to continue helping us with the many projects planned for
• Build the outdoor showers.
• Erect park signage.
• Build the main sun deck.
• Grind or otherwise remove stumps in the west end of the Hydro corridor
to create space for guest parking.
• Continue improving our park's roads.
• Finish the sand volleyball court.
• Create a bocce ball court.
• Continue improving our park's meadows.
• Continue creating more nature trails.
On behalf of the board of directors, I wish all members and friends
of Naturist Legacy a healthy and productive 2012! Happy New Year!
— John [Kundert], President...
You are receiving this newsletter because you're a member of Naturist
Legacy Inc., or because you've asked to receive it, or because we understand
that you're interested in following our progress. You can easily unsubscribe
from this newsletter by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This newsletter is the non-members edition. Last names, addresses, phone
numbers, locations, etc. have been omitted in order to preserve the confidentiality
of active members.